Interested in making a difference? Volunteer with KidsMatter!
Volunteering and being involved with serving learning programs on a regular basis helps youth develop more positive assets, gain life experience, and demonstrate to potential employers or colleges that they are a community contributor. KidsMatter offers two ways to serve our community – annual and ongoing events. Please complete the form below and add your interest in the subject line. For questions and more immediate registration, please contact Kathy Schank, Community Outreach Coordinator, at Kathy@KidsMatter2us.org or 630-567-6981.
Annual Events: We need teen & adult volunteers to serve as greeters, team leaders & event/program assistants, booth attendants, sell raffle prizes & set up/cleanup crews, etc.
- Skaters’ Picnic: Saturday, August 30, 2014
- Teen and Family Volunteer Fair: Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- Team B2B Bags Tournament: Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Mobile Device Internet Safety Training for Parents and Kids: Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- Youth Service Awards: Monday, November 17, 2014
- Student Job Fair: Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- Ignite the Nite!: Thursday, April 23, 2015
KidsMatter’s ongoing programs: Teens, adults, and family friendly
- DuPage PADS: Homeless shelter- 3rd Sunday of each month from 5:15pm-8:15pm.
- Bridging the Gap: Spend time reading, doing crafts, games, computers or serving Mobile Meals with local senior citizens. Walking distance from some schools.
- Big Buddy & Neighbor to Neighbor Program: Teens 12 and older find their own match of an elementary age student or a senior citizen friend within walking distance of their home to mentor twice a month or just help with yard work, shoveling or light duties. KidsMatter provides a guidebook, reports and ideas.
- Serving Learning Programs: School classes and clubs, youth groups, sports teams, office departments can assist in creating a Community Cares project to help a local not for profit complete their “wish lists”.
- Teen Advisory Board: High school students can apply to be part of our program planning team and help us at our events & behind the scenes to learn career skills.
- Speaker’s Bureau: Join us to speak at events or ask us to come out and get your group motivated! KidsMatter is available to schools, faith communities and businesses to present motivational social-emotional Asset-building workshops! We will train volunteers to speak with us at events.